Is there specific documentation I will need to gather for the loan process?
If there’s one thing you will become familiar with when getting a home loan, it is documentation. Don’t fret though, some diligence on your part in the beginning will pay dividends as you move through the loan process. Here is a generic list of items needed for the loan process:
- Most recent 2 years W2/1099 forms
- Most recent 2 years Federal Tax Returns (All Pages)
- Most recent month’s paystub(s)
- Most recent 2 month’s statements for Checking, Savings, and Retirement accounts (All Pages)
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Homeowner’s Insurance Agent’s name/number
Once you speak with a loan officer you will get a much more refined list of items specific to your situation.
Learn more: First Time Homebuyers
- How do I start the process?
- What do I need for the pre-qualification process?
- Once I pre-qualify, what is my next step?
- How much of a down payment will I need?
- What if I don’t have a down payment?
- What is Mortgage Insurance?
- Is there specific documentation I will need to gather for the loan process?
- How long does the loan process take?
- Which loan option is best for me?
- How do I know which company or loan officer I should go with?